Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am down but not out...

The challenge sort of fizzled...although I have worked out twice and have minimized my sweet intake. I have not been to my WW meetings and won't be back until after the first...but I am not out. I am still being mindful of what I am eating and will complete my other three work-outs before the 23rd. My favorite thing to do at my parent's house is walk - they have miles of sidewalks through beautiful lakes, etc. So nice.

I hope you are faring better. Honestly, I always have a huge battle with WW. I do not want to be stuck putting a points value on my food the rest of my life and being so mindful of what I eat all the time. When I say mindful, I don't mean mindful when I'm eating it but always thinking about the next meal and how it relates to all my other meals, my weekly, monthly, and annual meals. I really want to be able to eat when I am hungry, make wise choices, and stop when I am satisfied. Intuitive eating they call it. That is what I want - not to be preoccupied for the good or bad. My issue with it is that I say, "Ok, this is what I am going to do" and then I end up eating too much and gaining five more pounds...that I do not want to do.

I am going to try it this Christmas season...and continue being intentional about moving and what I eat. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment: