Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wish I Ate Like a Healthy Child



I had the cutest little lunch dates today. Yes, Carol, that's Rocco's (and I saw your parents there...so fun). As I sat eating lunch with my best friend's family, I thought, "I wish I ate like a healthy child." A healthy child is totally engrossed in the people, sights, sounds, and tastes of a restaurant. They take in everyone and everything and maybe eat three bites of their meal - much to the annoyance of their parents. Food is just not the priority for them.

I have had countless friends have children who don't eat. My parents have always said, "Unless they are sick, a child will eat when they are hungry. They may go light on a few meals but they will make it up later." It's true. Have you ever seen a child eat like a Hoover vacumn for a couple of days and then pick like a bird for a week? They eat when they are hungry, stop when they are full - and sometimes that's with just a little...and sometimes that's with quite a lot. I wish I could go back there eating wise. Now I just have an on and off button...sometimes it gets stuck in the on position..."Watch out, the Hoover is on!"

I did fairly well today - had a big salad for dinner and lots of activity getting ready for a Christmas tea this week. This week is going to be crazy. YIKES! I have good, healthy food ready though. More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful! So photogenic! Congratulations on your loss girlfriend, you are doing so well and you should be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jessie...I think the same thing about you! I love that you stop by..I need the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete