Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One Baby Step at a Time

My body has been rebelling against my move back to healthy eating. It has been jittery, achey and downright angry. I have baby stepped it back in - hoping to calm my nerves and reinstitute some sanity to my eating. I wasn't super out of control, but was eating enough sugar to get my body addicted to it, again.

For three nights in a row I wanted ice cream. The one night I told you about, I allowed myself two scoops of the good stuff. Two nights ago, I went to the store and bought skinny cows and WW ice cream cups. I had one ice cream cup and one skinny cow. Not great but still better than 700 calories of Bruster's goodness. Last night, I had one ice cream cup. The rest of this week I will have a skinny cow each night and when they are gone, we are done.

I also managed to work-out and stop eating at 7:30 p.m. No TV snacks or goodie hunts. I was done and I mentally shut it off. I feel so good when my healthy choices start to feel good and natural, again.

This morning I had steel cut oatmeal and a cup of coffee. I have a sandwich, a yellow pepper, and single serving of pretzels for lunch. Somewhere in there I plan to get in a grapefruit and maybe some almonds. Haven't figured out dinner yet but I know today will be the first day that I am squarely back within my points range. One day at a time. Why do I leave this place? I want THIS to be my lifestyle..not the sugar-monster lifestyle.

Here we go, one day at a time. Baby steps. Baby steps. This is the year, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment