Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spinach smoothie...

I have found a lot of new food options by browsing your blogs. One is that you can put spinach in a smoothie. At first, I cringed. However, I had a big bag of spinach in my refrigerator so I thought, "Why not?!" Who knew you could put a cup of spinach in a smoothie and NOT taste it? I love the taste of spinach but didn't think I would enjoy that flavor in my smoothie. Thankfully, it isn't there. The other flavors overpower it. The crazier part is that I start dropping weight when I make additions like this.

Today's smoothie was a Blueberry smoothie and had:

Skim milk
Chocolate protein powder
1 tsp of peanut butter
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of spniach
Ice

DELICIOUS and I scored one fruit and one veggie before 9:00 a.m. That's my kind of drink! Lunch is salmon with quinoa/brown rice, cherry tomatoes, and a clementine. Finally, fruits and veggies show back up on the scene...it only took 7 days to make the swap this time. I am tired of being achey, bloated, and refluxish. Here's to a really good day!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the tip! i have been using it and its great to get all that fruit/veggie in the a.m!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I love spinach. I like to sautee it and then throw it on a pizza. Spinach goes with durn near everything! I hope your new year is proving fruitful for you. Miss your writing, I hope you are doing well and that you are successful with your Weight Watchering. I re-joined last week and then skipped this week....way to go, huh? Have a great day woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinach smoothies are the new orange juice, I swear! :)

    ReplyDelete