Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sharing your weigh-in...

I have lost 4 pounds in two weeks. Not too shabby. There was a time when a loss of slightly over a half of a pound would have made me angry. Now I cherish it. Anytime the scale is not going up, I am a happy camper.

Do you share your weight loss with people? I have a love/hate relationship with sharing the weekly weigh-in (with real life people). I want to share when I've done well because I feel so excited. Inevitably there is someone you share a small loss with who says something that deflates your balloon like:

"You are headed in the right direction, don't give up."
"At least you didn't gain."
"You'll do better next week."

No, I lost this week - say, "Well done - you are kicking butt!" Leave it at that, please. That's sufficient.

I feel so great right now with weight loss. I am in such a healthy place mentally. Food is not my focus and I am just making decisions about what to eat when my body gets hungry rather than obsessing all day long about what I will/won't eat. It feels great.

I hope you all are having a great week, too!

1 comment:

  1. So far I haven't had to post any upsetting weigh-ins, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the day. I think the fact that it keeps me more accountable will make up for some not so great comments, at least that's what I'm hoping. And I totally agree with you, any weight loss is weight you won't have to lose later and that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete