Monday, November 23, 2009

Desperate times call for desperate measures - peach smoothie

I had an INSANE craving for ice cream last night. The fact that I have not had any ice cream in a month and am embracing the TOM is probably the cause. Regardless, it was overtaking me and I didn't have enough points left for ice cream. What's a girl to do? Get creative!

I had some light peaches made with Splenda. I have no idea when I bought these because I am not a fan of canned fruit but they were there and only 25 calories a bowl. I put 8 ounces of milk in the blender, two bowls of drained peaches, a packet of vanilla Carnation drink, cinnamon and ice. I blended it until fluffy and put it in the freezer for about an hour. Voila! Ice cream for four points (well, a little solid ice cream and a lot of smoothie). Delicious!

The best part is that I am no longer craving ice cream - it hit the spot.

I had the first of two thanksgiving dinners yesterday. It was wonderful - I enjoyed every bite. Today, I am bloated like a tick and am sucking down water at an alarming rate. I'm a little worried about Thursday Thanksgiving with only one day between Thanksgiving and weigh-in. Oh well - such is life when you join WW during the holidays.

I had the best thought yesterday - what if I come through the holidays 10 pounds LIGHTER! That would be a blast, right?! That's my plan - five more pounds by January 1st. I think it's doable. I do.

Are you looking to lose, maintain or ok with a gain this holiday season?!

No comments:

Post a Comment