Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fun Trip

I had a great trip. I am back and I am tired. I do not want to go to the store or prepare my food for next week but I will because I know I will feel so much better for the rest of the week if I do. I had so much fun this weekend. Yesterday was definitely a 'free day' - not something I want to make a habit of but did it this week. No counting yesterday. It wasn't a free for all. I had almonds and a latte for breakfast, a grilled cheese and bacon for lunch with tomato bisque, two chocolates for snack, Italian for dinner, and a scoop of ice cream for dessert. It's not a low point day but there were no outrageous portions or continual eat fests. I enjoyed it. Today, I am back to journaling- back on track and in the groove. This week I will cut back on using my Flex Points because I used 3/4 of them yesterday.

I used to go and weigh-in on Saturdays and then have a free for all until Tuesday. It semi-worked but it just reinforced the binge/deprive cycle that leads to disordered eating in my life. I loved last week - I had treat times sprinkled throughout the week and I never felt deprived. Sure, I had to consistently choose healthier options most of the week - better choices than my internal sugar/salt/fat freak prefers - but there were times when I said, "It's ok to use your points here. Go for it." I did and I enjoyed it and I moved on.

I feel so much more at peace this time. I want to eat healthier because I know it makes me feel better. Off I go to the store even though I want to take a nap. I could take a nap but then I won't sleep well tonight and that's another bad cycle. Instead, I'll prepare everything for the week and go to bed early. Bed early. Bed early. Bed early. Sounds so nice.

I hope you had a great weekend enjoying your life. Here's to another great week of healthy living!

1 comment:

  1. I would have eaten the grilled cheese and bacon sandwich too...That sounds REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete