Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Really?!

Pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravied vegetables, and pecan pie for lunch - really?! What happened to the fresh vegetable, cous-cous lunch of last year? This place is killin' me...I gotta get out of here. I had about two bites of pot roast - all fat, all the mashed potatoes (about 1/2 a cup) and the veggies. They started with salad and had a salad and whole wheat roll. Yes, I ate the pie. What in the world?!

People, I am not triumphing here....I am definitely not doing as poorly as I normally would but I need to say no more. AGGGH! I can't wait to get home to modify my eating.

Siggh...

1 comment:

  1. i take it you have catered lunches at work or something along those lines? where i work, we have a catering dept (they set up client meetings and order food and all that) and many times, there are leftovers laid out for all to enjoy. also, DAILY we have free donuts in the catering dept as well as bagels and spreads.

    when i first started working here, i was in food heaven. so much so that i managed to slowly but surely put on 20 lbs. now that i know the drill and have been here well over 4 years, i make a point to avoid that dept and just stick to my lunch and snacks. when the email comes out that there is "FOOD AVAILABLE!" and all my co-workers go running, i stay at my desk and politely decline to join them. it really was a daily struggle but one i eventually got used to. the leftover brownies were always my favorite but i know that hitting my goal weight and continuing to workout is far more important to me than tasting that mushy chocolate for 5 minutes. you will begin to make the right choices, you can't beat yourself up if you don't. just keep at it and eventually you will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete