Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yesterday

Good news: I walked 11,000+ steps. That inlcuded a 30 minute walk around the parking lot and several laps around the lobby. I DID IT! Woo hoo.

Also, I have done much better here than I ever would have before. I have not had a single cookie, chocolate, chip or cake at break time. I have had tons of water - no soda of any kind. No alcohol - and there was tons to be had. Yesterday I could have done without the pecan pie and the chips at the Mexican restaurant. Still, it's a new day so I am moving on.

All in all, I am very proud of myself. I may not lose the five pounds I had hoped to lose but I did stay reasonable and healthy during a conference that could have knocked me out. Woo hoo!

I fly home tonight (can't wait - so tired). Tomorrow I am going to the store and plan to use my new chopper (will showcase it here soon). The gym is also on the agenda for the next two nights. Two long walks should really help.

The interesting thing is that I walked close to the same number of steps when I worked activity in here at the conference and when I consciously went for a long walk the other day. Go figure. Incremental activity does add up. Perhaps I'm excusing myself from moving more when I have consciously exercised. I need to think about this more.

I am wearing some super cute jeans today that my friend helped me pick out and I feel sassy. Go me. Ok, talk to you more later.

1 comment:

  1. Go head, Miss Sassy Pants! :) Good for you! Every little effort helps and counts towards reaching your goal. You'll get there, it's about changing your behaviors, and look?! You've already shown you are doing that! Woohoo! Good luck getting through the rest of the conference. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete