Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thank God for Flex Points

Yea, well...Halloween. I was having a great day...totally in the zone. I planned out my breakfast, lunch and the dinner I would have at my be-fri's house. I still had seven points...one perk of being 100 pounds overweight - you get extra points on Weight Watchers. I feel bad for people who only have 20 points a day. I have no idea how they do it....I guess I'll better understand as I lose weight and retrain my appetite.

Anyway, I used some of my extra points on chips and salsa, some on a light beer, some on a tiny bag of Skittles, and one on a Weight Watchers one point bar thoughtfully brought by a friend. The seven were gone when I stepped through the door of party number two. There was some tension in the air between the two hostesses and I started eating like a lumber jack. 12 flex points later, I grabbed someone's baby and rocked her to sleep. They kept saying, "You are such a natural." I thought, "I am dying over here with the food, I need something to detract me from this food...so if rocking this child until I hit 50 works, we're going for it."

The bright side is that I tracked and counted it all. No more, "Oh, it's just the first day, I'll start over tomorrow." No, no, no. You have had enough first days little lady. We are doing this the way it is supposed to be done. Thank God for Flex Points!

I went to church this morning and then came home and made lunch. I have another party tonight - pints and potatoes. Everyone brings their favorite potato chip and beer and the host is making sliders. My goal - one slider, a serving size of chips, and one beer. That's definitely good party food and not over the top. I am also going to hit the treadmill or eliptical for an hour to get some extra points and to start a new committment to myself - to be active six days a week.

Have you ever noticed that the world conspires against your gym time? I will make a plan, get ready and then something will come up and I instantly ditch the gym. More sleep. Dinner with a friend. A quick errand I forgot to do. I need to get disciplined about protecting this hour every day. I need to exercise to stay sane - to lose this weight, to alleviate the aches and pains, and to keep my ticker ticking. This has got to be a part of my life..and that starts today.

Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment