Sunday, November 8, 2009

Try This Burger


I love hamburgers but I don't want to roll out the grill everytime I want to make them. My broiled burgers were a little dry and lifeless so I created a really low-point, high flavor and moist burger. Best of all it's only three points. Add a slice of reduced fat cheese and serve it on a one point English Muffin and you have a satisfying and delicious meal for five points. Add a little bit of ketchup and mayo and you are up to six points.

Here's the recipe:

Bethy's Bodacious Burgers

1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey breast
1 can diced tomatoes (whatever flavor you like - I have used almost every flavor)
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
Spices - all to taste:
McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grab a collander and drain the can of diced tomatoes. Get them as dry as possible - pat them with a paper towel and then empty them onto a layer of paper towels. Put the ground beef in a bowl, add the tomatoes, bread crumbs, and spices. Mix it with your hands until well combined. Pat out five burgers. Spray a broiler pan with non-stick spray (top and bottom portions), place burgers on pan, and cook for 5-7 minutes and then flip (be careful, they will fall apart easily at this point). Cook until done to your liking - about 10 minutes. If it smokes, you've gone too far (don't laugh, I've done it).

These burgers DO NOT dry out. You can heat them up in the microwave and they are just as tasty as first day. My roommate is very picky and adores these burgers...thank goodness it makes five!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yummo! I want to try this recipie this week...especially since lean hamburger meat is on sale at Publix and I have a $1 off coupon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had one for lunch - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete