Friday, November 20, 2009

Hello Friday!

It is Friday. Oh how happy I am to see Friday this week. Unfortunately, I have overbooked my weekend so I will have to wait for next weekend for good rest. Drats! This week I have hated not having a scale but am glad I don't. I am a bit over points, traveled, and am close to TOM. That usually adds up to a gain on the scale. If a scale had been in my home, I would have weighed constantly and decided tonight if I would officially weigh-in or not.

To be honest, I am a little discouraged right now. I picked a really hard time to start this with all the travel and holiday activities. I am doing really well considering but I really want to LOSE weight not stay the same or shift a half pound this and that way. I want to stop finding every excuse in the book to not lose weight. There is this huge mental shift that needs to happen so that I start saying no when I know I should say no and knowing the right time to say yes.

On the bright side, I am eating so much healthier. Last night I had an egg-white omelet with tons of vegetables, a side of sliced tomatoes, a bowl of grapefruit, and some butternut squash. I needed to up my veggie intake. Another non-scale victory is how fast my bruise from the milk cart healed. The bruise was HORRIBLE and that usually means a good month or two before it heals. One week. It is completely gone. It has to be all the nutritious food I am eating. Has to be.

I am going to work on my mental rehearsing..reminding myself this is a healthy lifestyle and not a diet - it will take time. A new week starts tomorrow folks. Travel free....whew.

1 comment:

  1. Bethany,
    You are not alone in those feelings! Boy have I had those weeks! Just a couple of weeks ago I had a two lb gain. I was hard to hear, but I started the new week over and lost it the next week and then some the following weeks. We will never have perfect weeks all the time. BUT, you are making healthy, wise choices that WILL pay off in the end. We are going to Orlando for Thanksgiving (I know, high anxiety about that) and I am having to mental rehearse my eating habits since I will have little control over food served to me. But I will arrive armed with fruits, veggies, healthy snacks from home. AND lots of water! I just have to remember portion control as well.
    You are doing great and just rejoice in a new beginning after your weigh in tomorrow. Love you!

    ReplyDelete