Saturday, November 7, 2009

Meeting Day

I went to the meeting this morning. Check out the pictuer to see what happened on the scale. I'm excited - of course - because I need to lose 100 pounds...correction - 95.4 pounds. However, I know I kicked butt this week and was satisfied no matter what the outcome was at the scale. Thank God.

An interesting note. The receptionist is SO nice. I got on the scale and she looked at the number. She said, "So, do you think you had a good week?" I said, "Yes, I had a really good week." She said, "Yes you did, you lost." I totally get it but that's the kind of thing that may be counterproductive...but I just said, "Thank you. It feels good to see it on the scale."

The meeting was about staying motivated to reach our goals. I could use that pep talk every 45 minutes in many areas of my life - spending, losing weight, or work. DO NOT GIVE UP on life. Live it. Press forward. Forget what is behind and push toward what is ahead. A very wise person said that once and I believe him.

I hope everyone out there is doing really well. I just had a hand full of almonds and a non-fat latte and now I am headed on a little road trip to see a dear friend. An overnighter. I can't wait!
See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your loss and even more on your great attitude! So excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete